From: Earnie Boyd <earnie-Rn4VEauK+AKRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Fixing mingw support in Python's distutils
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user
Date: Thursday 23rd May 2013 16:22:36 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Oscar Benjamin wrote:

> $ /q/tools/cygwin/bin/gcc-4.exe -dumpmachine
> i686-pc-cygwin
>
> $ /q/tools/cygwin/bin/gcc-3.exe -dumpmachine
> i686-pc-cygwin
>
> $ /q/tools/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -dumpmachine
> mingw32
>
> So I thought that I could do something like:
>
>   if dumpmachine == "mingw32":
>     don't use -mno-cygwin
>
> or perhaps
>
>   if dumpmachine ends with 'cygwin':
>     use -mno-cygwin
>
> Can anyone confirm/deny (or improve) the reliability of either of the
> above methods to distinguish between cygwin and mingw gcc?

The dumpmachine idea isn't a bad one but Cygwin itself no longer uses
-mno-cygwin.  If you want a native build using Cygwin tools you'll
need to use a cross compiler and specify a --host=i686-pc-mingw32 or
whatever appropriate triplet.

--
Earnie

[email protected]

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list
etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.