From: Kai Tietz <ktietz70-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Announcement: mingw-builds and mingw-w64 are joining forces
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.w64.general
Date: Monday 23rd September 2013 10:00:23 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hello everybody,

As you may have noticed, we are already providing builds from
mingw-builds on our download page. both mingw-builds and mingw-w64 will
be joining ventures together. Both Alexey and niXman will both ensure
that pre-built toolchains have regular maintenance and releases. This was
necessary after Ruben announced his plans to retire from providing his
awesome pre-built toolchains.

As personal toolchain releases are important to our users, and to avoid
misunderstanding, responsibility for user support of these toolchains
will be equally shared between all toolchain providers.

Our recommendation on using the mingw-builds variant is geared towards
providing new users an easy starting point rather than to single out
other providers. We encourage more developers and users to join in as
regular toolchain providers via our "personal build" section.

We are happy that we were able to join forces with mingw-builds, and
fill by this
a gap for our users in providing toolchains they need.

We hope you give Alexey and niXman a warm welcome and a chance to grow
into their new positions!

Regards,

Kai

1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8,
SharePoint
2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack
includes