From: Tait <gnuplot-info <at> t41t.com>
Subject: Re: using xrange with set timefmt %s data files
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.graphics.gnuplot.user
Date: Friday 21st January 2011 00:52:04 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I'm stumped, so I hope you don't mind my throwing this back at the list. It
was working with an older version of gnuplot, but using 4.4.2 now, I get
the same error as you.

The goal is to plot using a time/date x-axis, with an offset. Some
example code:

	reset
	set style data lines
	unset key
	set xdata time
	set timefmt "%s"
	delta=18000
	# normally start/stop are parameters passed in
	xstart=sprintf("%i", 1292736021-delta)
	xstop=sprintf("%i", 1292742024-delta)
	set xrange [xstart:xstop]
	plot '-' using (timecolumn(1)-delta):2
	1292734801	5169.53
	1292736022	8.88
	1292738354	9.03
	1292739465	5117.24
	1292740376	4935.53
	1292740790	5498.60
	1292740891	9.12
	1292740992	9.10
	1292741093	9.07
	1292741194	4696.23
	1292741406	5254.17
	1292741507	5069.68
	1292741608	9.02
	1292741709	9.04
	1292741810	10.85
	1292741921	4820.72
	1292742022	5054.15
	1292742224	4875.13

This generates a "all points y value undefined!" error, and I don't
understand why. If the "set xrange" is removed, it seems to work fine. (But
of course, the limited range is needed for the intended application.) Can
anyone offer some help here?