Nicu Buculei | 2 Jul 07:49 2008
Picon

Re: Import form openclipart

Jakub Klawiter wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:18 PM,  <momo@...> wrote:
>> The question of the OCAL importer has already been discussed and as far as I
>> remember the only possible way to make it work correctky is to detect the
>> amount of files in each entry and let the user choose what file to import.
> IMO it is best option. because of PNG thumbnail, and because of OCAL's
> entries like this:
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/nicubunu/6813

Not because the image is mine, but this is what I think is good use of sets.

> or this one: http://openclipart.org/media/files/MrBordello/7811

And this bad use.

> And once again, maybe PPL should not upload various images into one
> set, but hey, they will also should not:

Not quite, the opinion at OCAL is that uploading in sets is a good thing
when the images are very similar, like you have one blue flower and
*exactly* the same colored in red. Otherwise it would only increase the
image count.
If you think this is bad, probably we can talk about this on the OCAL
list (even if some of us are subscribed also here).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/