From: Andrew Stephan <rockfang <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Graphical "artifacts" when scrolling a ListView inside a LinearLayout
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.android.devel
Date: Saturday 26th May 2012 08:55:54 UTC (over 4 years ago)
I'm developing an app that has a ListView inside a LinearLayout. There are
enough rows in the ListView to make the user have to scroll to see the
bottom of the list. When I do scroll, I'm getting some weird graphical
artifacts. For example, if I scroll to the bottom and hold it, that blue
indicator telling me to stop scrolling will stay. Another thing that
happens with my app is that sometimes some of the text will momentarily
stay in its original spot when i scroll. Also, if I scroll the ListView
slowly, the lines indicating the separate rows will "duplicate" momentarily

as well. I have OS version 4.0.4 on a Google Nexus S. I do my testing on my

phone itself instead of the emulator. I don't have any similar problems
with any of the other 100+ apps I have installed on my phone. I only get
these symptoms with this one app I've written. I can paste my code
somewhere if needed. Any suggestions on how to fix these artifacts?