From: Mark <wolfmane <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Updating n810w (rx-48) to latest firmware
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.maemo.user
Date: Wednesday 1st October 2008 14:57:23 UTC (over 8 years ago)
On 9/30/08, Pete Black  wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have n810 wimax (rx-48) where I need to upgrade from maemo 0.2008.14-9
>  to the latest version (4.2008.36-5). However, I can't seem to get my
>  hands on a frimware binary. I've tried both
>  http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N810.php
and the Windows software
>  update tool from Nokia
>  (Nokia_Internet_Tablet_Software_Update_Wizard.exe) without any luck.
>
>  Has anyone had the same problem?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Pete

If I understand correctly, you're expecting the update tools to
automatically pick up the latest OS image and install it. That's not
what happens. You have to download the OS image yourself and specify
it to tthe flasher.  You can get the OS images at
http://maemo.org/downloads/OS2008/
- look at the bottom of the
right-hand column under "OS & SDK". You'll need your tablet's 12-digit
product ID. The product ID is printed on the tablet's packaging and on
the label underneath the tablet's battery, and displayed in the
Control Panel (field WLAN MAC address in Control Panel > Device >
About Product).

HTH,
Mark

CD: 4ms