Timo Härkönen | 11 Oct 11:30 2011
Picon

Re: Naming of Community Edition - community discussion

2011/10/11 Dave Neary <dneary-41UWDLvetLrYtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org>
Hi Carsten,

On 10/11/2011 08:59 AM, Carsten Munk wrote:
Some limitations:
* Can't include trademarks or company names, such as MeeGo / Tizen, Nokia, etc.
* Can't include Mer within it as Mer's a core and CE is not "the" Mer
UX (nor is anything)

Just to be clear, you are looking for a brand separate from Mer, and separate from MeeGo/Maemo and Tizen, which will represent a stack targeting smartphones/handsets?

I kind of like Mer as a brand, and Mer Handset has a ring to it.

True but it's quite clear that Mer doesn't want to have any UX associated with it.

Anyway, my proposal: Comms

-Timo

Hi Carsten,<div class="im">
On 10/11/2011 08:59 AM, Carsten Munk wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote">
Some limitations:<br>
* Can't include trademarks or company names, such as MeeGo / Tizen, Nokia, etc.<br>
* Can't include Mer within it as Mer's a core and CE is not "the" Mer<br>
UX (nor is anything)<br>
Just to be clear, you are looking for a brand separate from Mer, and separate from MeeGo/Maemo and Tizen, which will represent a stack targeting smartphones/handsets?<br><br>
I kind of like Mer as a brand, and Mer Handset has a ring to it.<br>
-Timo</div>

Gmane