Si Howard | 11 Oct 18:50 2011
Picon

Re: Naming of Community Edition - community discussion

I like the name MaeRes = Maemo Resurrected a reflection of Maemo Resurrection (Mer) or another one I've been toying with MaeGo? The contraction of the two previous projects. I'm sure I can come up with more later :D

Hi all, As you know, there has been a lot of news regarding MeeGo, introducing the Tizen project, Mer, etc. We (as in the steering group) like to query the community for ideas on what to call the Community Edition in the future. Currently our splash screens says MeeGo 1.3 Community Edition which will be increasingily inaccurate as we're working to rebase CE on top of the Mer Core Some limitations: * Can't include trademarks or company names, such as MeeGo / Tizen, Nokia, etc. * Can't include Mer within it as Mer's a core and CE is not "the" Mer UX (nor is anything) All suggestions welcome! BR Carsten Munk _______________________________________________ MeeGo-handset mailing list MeeGo-handset-VVXm0OgCXj10cC2WI2GV6A@public.gmane.org http://lists.meego.com/listinfo/meego-handset
    I like the name MaeRes =
      Maemo Resurrected a reflection of Maemo Resurrection (Mer)
    or another one I've been toying with MaeGo? The contraction of the
    two previous projects. I'm sure I can come up with more later :D<br><br>