From: Michael Velimirov <m.velimirov <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: Maven Javascript Plugin: ends up in a packaging loop
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.myfaces.user
Date: Wednesday 14th July 2010 16:22:57 UTC (over 8 years ago)
The functionality your plugin provides was exactly what we were looking
for.
Except for one little glitch we experienced where the
targetDirectory-directive would be added to the
source-jar.

Because we provide a slightly unusual targetDirectory-directive(to automate
the inclusion of optimized javascript files), the source packaging
process(subprocess of maven-source-plugin)
eventually ends up in a packaging loop, provoked by the source file
being opened for writing to AND reading from (first reading from, then
writing to).

I've attached a patch solving the problem by omitting the inclusion of the
targetDirectory if you set addResource to false.

This is our current maven configuration (pom.xml)

            org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild
            maven-javascript-plugin

                ./javascript

src/main/webapp/resources
                ./debug/javascript

${project.build.directory}

./${project.artifactId}-${project.parent.version}/resources/javascript

                    process-resources

                            reduce-javascript

                org.apache.maven.plugins
                maven-war-plugin