From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Listas_Discuss=F5es?= <listas-b3i9QfIpfdgiJoSMlOPmbwC/G2K4zDHf <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.java.hadoop.hbase.user
Date: Monday 30th January 2012 11:16:21 UTC (over 4 years ago)
you were right.
it was a classpath issue.
the hbase jar version on my client was not the same from my hbase instance.

in the end I just had to put in my classpath hbase/lib dir and everything
worked fine :)

tks for your advise
Arian

2012/1/29 Listas Discussões

> tks dude
> I'll check it.
>
> arian
>

> 2012/1/27 Stack
>
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Listas Discussões
>>  wrote:
>> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a
>> > host:port pair:
[email protected]ic.gmane.org
>> > ,60000,1327639058703
>> >
>> > at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HServerAddress.(HServerAddress.java:60)

>> You are trying to connect to a 0.92 hbase with 0.90 client?  Or you
>> tried a 0.92 hbase and then reverted to 0.90 without clearing zk data?
>>
>> The content printed by IllegalArgumentException looks like content
>> serialized by 0.92 hbase.
>> St.Ack
>>

> --
> Arian Pasquali