dlmiles | 1 Mar 01:55 2008

[JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: JBOSS5 + Spring Deployer version confusion

Thank for your prompt reply.

I was able to turn on logging to see SpringParserDeployer and ApplicationContextDeployer being picked up
by editing */conf/jboss-log4j.xml and adding:

     <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>

Also for interest with those reading this thread (as of this time) Spring 2.0 is shipped with JBoss Spring
Deployer 3.0.  This saves you from downloading every version of Spring framework and comparing JARs until
you find a match.

I disagree you are not modifying the file by changing the filename by appending the version number like
spring-core-2.0.8.jar but would support you stance if I was asking for the content to be modified (which I
am not).

I can also see that the MANIFEST of jboss-spring.deployer itself does not include its own version number
and would also like to see jboss-spring.jar from inside the *.deployer file renamed to
jboss-spring-3.0.jar (as well as version in the manifest).  Both would be ideal and would save you
documenting a README file about which version you built with this week.

My next problem is that one or more Spring bean descriptors does not use XSD/Namespaces but DTD, is that
allowed ?

Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: Failed to parse schema for
nsURI=, baseURI=null, schemaLocation=http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd

Now my remaining concern: I have a WAR in my EAR which currently has spring*.jar's inside
(/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar) what is the correct way the package those ?

If the JBoss deployer version (of Spring Framework) and the WAR version (of Spring Framework) were
different, would there ever be a problem, I am thinking that the WAR container encapsulaltion will still
work fine, since I would need to go to JNDI to obtain access to an ApplicationContext for any components
deployed via JBoss Spring Deployer.  Is my understanding correct on this ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133398#4133398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133398

Gmane