Alejandro Scandroli | 24 Mar 11:15 2011

Re: tapestry-routing release and confluence issues.

follow-up from an IRC conversation, just for the records.

I was finally able to release tapestry-routing from Nexus.
The error was:

Staging ruleset evaluation on repository 'org.tynamo-014
(u:ascandroli, a:89.131.127.118)' has failed.
Staging Signature Validation
    -No public key: Key with id: (59f02b855f2067d4) was not able to be
located on http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371. Upload your public
key and try the operation again.
    -No public key: Key with id: (59f02b855f2067d4) was not able to be
located on http://pgp.mit.edu:11371. Upload your public key and try
the operation again.

------

The issue was that my subkey had the Signing flag ON and it was being
used as the default key to sign. I'm using GPGTools (for Mac) and I
had created my keys using the Keychain Access. By default keys created
from the Keychain Access have this usage flags:

pub .... usage: SCEA
sub .... usage: SEA

On the other hand if you use the cli gpg the flags are:

pub .... usage: SC
sub .... usage: E

I deleted my subkey, created a new one with only the Encrypting flag
ON and problem solved!

Cheers.
Alejandro.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Alejandro Scandroli
<ascandroli@...> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <kalle.o.korhonen@...> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Alejandro Scandroli
>> <ascandroli@...> wrote:
>>> I've just staged tapestry-routing 0.0.1 into Nexus. It was my first
>>> time with the new Nexus repository and it took me a couple of hours to
>>> have my setup ready.
>>
>> Just the keys or were there any other problems?
>>

> Just the keys.
>
>>> I was going through the Nexus options and I don't think I have the
>>> rights to promote the staged repository to central. The only options
>>> available to me are "Close" and "Drop".
>>
>> You do, you need to first close, then promote. The reason is that
>> Maven (2.x) doesn't have metadata to tell what exactly makes a
>> release. You could technically release multiple things to the same
>> staging repo before making it available to others.
>>

> Ahh ok, thank you, will try that right away.
>
>>> I was trying to update the wiki when Confluence crashed on me, I hope
>>> it wasn't my fault :P tynamo.org is not working either. I think that
>>> the unity script deletes our entire site when fails to connect to
>>> Confluence.
>>
>> Unity is a Java app actually - it probably invalidates the cache when
>> it looses connection to Confluence.
>>

> Oki doki. I didn't know it was Java!
>
> Thanks.
> Alejandro.