jastrachan | 31 Jan 20:57 2005
Picon

Groovy Roadmap

Guillaume has created a road map on the wiki...

http://groovy.codehaus.org/Roadmap

which gives a good breakdown of the forthcoming releases. We should
have a release fairly soon (beta-10) which will include an EA version
of the new parser, while keeping the old parser around for 2 releases
so folks can slowly migrate across. We're maintaining a web page of
differences for the migration to help this transition.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Changes+In+New+Groovy

We should hopefully be able to create a pretty printer, to reformat old
scripts in new syntax where easily possible - if anyone fancies having
a try at such a thing (printing a nicely formatted version of the AST),
we'd all be very grateful :)

New Groovy is going pretty well, despite some of the FUD some folks are
spreading on the blogosphere at the moment; we've pretty much got all
of the Groovy AST wired into the new Antlr parser bar a few odds and
ends in the expression space.

e.g. the following test case is working perfectly...

http://tinyurl.com/5m6hj

We've still a few gremlins in the parser though - but should have those
sorted soon.

The first EA release of New Groovy in beta-10 probably won't include a
markup builder, but we'll get that in ASAP once the rest of the
implementation is hanging together well.