jastrachan | 27 May 20:07 2004
Picon

Re: Another Groovy presentation

I've had chance to read it now - good job! I loved the Spring example
too.

BTW its no biggie but you could replace this...

pm = new ProductManager()
pm.setProducts(
[ new Product(Description:“Chair“,Price: 20.50d) ,
new Product(Description:“Table“,Price:150.10d) ] )

with the slightly less verbose

  pm = new ProductManager(products: [ new
Product(Description:“Chair“,Price: 20.50d) , new
Product(Description:“Table“,Price:150.10d) ])

Incidentally I liked the way the boxes popped up in the presentation &
the way you showed how groovy worked under the covers - I think we need
to document much more how groovy translates to bytecode.