jastrachan | 14 Jun 10:04 2004
Picon

Re: Using Groovy for functional http/html testing?

On 10 Jun 2004, at 11:02, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Groovyists,
>
> I'm thinking of using Groovy for scriptable testing of http/html or
> http/xml server applications, using HttpUnit, anteater or similar
> tools.

Sounds interesting

> Does anyone have experience/examples to share about this?

None yet I'm afraid.

> I know Groovy can be used to efficiently script JUnit tests, but I'm
> wondering which HTTP testing tool to use. HttpUnit looks at first
> sight more suitable than anteater for script-based tests, but hands-on
> experience would obviously help me make a decision.

IIRC JMeter uses scripting languages to perform tests...

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html

might be worth a look & see if Groovy could be useful as a possible
language for scripting the tests. Plus any Ant based HTTP testing tasks
would be real easy to script with Groovy's Ant builder