jastrachan | 7 Jul 07:11 2004
Picon

Re: Am I missing something? What are groovy junit tests

On 6 Jul 2004, at 21:40, Furash Gary wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get much out of the
>
>          http://groovy.codehaus.org/Unit+Testing
>
> Page.
>
> What does Groovy add for unit testing?  How does it differer from
> plain old JUNIT?

Groovy unit tests are JUnit test cases. Maybe the thing you're missing
is groovy is a different language to Java, one thats higher level,
supports dynamic typing, native collections & closures & gets things
done in a much more concise way. i.e. its quicker to get things done &
you'll use much less code

e.g.

http://wiki.codehaus.org/groovy/WhyGroovy?
action=highlight&value=TestCase