jastrachan | 14 Jul 12:21 2004
Picon

Re: Reusing GroovyShell/GroovyClassLoader instance without the Binding

BTW a quick fix for your issue could be to use an LRUMap (or maybe
WeakHashMap) where the key is the groovy source code as a String and
the value is the compiled Class file. Then only compile a script if its
not in the cache.

Getting more clever and using File/URL objects to be the key and using
lastModified() dates would help avoid keeping lots of big strings in
RAM :)

But this is pretty much what Sam's GroovyScriptEngine does