jstrachan | 22 Dec 06:37 2004
Picon

Re: Slow parsing--maybe due to class loaders?

Hi Denis

I'm sure your analysis is correct and that parsing Groovy expressions is
much slower than it should - as currently the parser is never quite sure
what's a class, whats a property/variable etc. So there is lots of
redundant calls to 'is this a class' inside the parser. I'm hopeful that
the new parser should hopefully fix that, when it gets wired in - having
a more well defined grammar, we should hopefully limit the times we try
to lookup some text as a class.

Fingers crossed. In the meantime we could always do more profiling?