jastrachan | 18 Jan 11:17 2005
Picon

Re: Exploder method name

Named parameter passing for invoking methods would be nice, especially
when there's a bunch of parameters and the order is non-obvious. We
added support for bean construction using named parameter passing
(which really uses a zero argument constructor and then sets bean
properties on each argument). To go the whole hog and support arbitrary
method invocations using named parameters, we need the metadata for the
parameter names - which isn't typically available in the Java bytecode.
We could make it available in Groovy bytecode - but this would make
this feature only available when calling Groovy code - which is OK but
its cleaner if Groovy works over any Java bytecode.

Maybe this needs to go into the 2.0 bucket.