jastrachan | 4 Feb 09:59 2005
Picon

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: groovy/lang/Script

On 4 Feb 2005, at 08:52, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
> James,
>
> If you have some spare cycles, you may have a look at the use of
> classloaders throughout Groovy. We never do the same thing anywhere...
> Some places where we use the context classloader, the class's
> classloader, etc... in different orders...
> There's a lot of persons reporting problems with Groovy classloaders.
> I suspect we have some bugs in that area...

Agreed. Though classloaders are a complete nightmare throughout the
whole of Java. We kinda need detailed use cases of what folks are doing
to be able to figure out what the issue is.

One of the hardest choices is in the GroovyClassLoader - what to set as
the parent class loader - the thread content class loader (usual in app
servers but not always set) or the parent class loader (often in
command line args / embedded apps). If only a class loader could have 2
parents...