jastrachan | 2 Jul 16:41 2005
Picon

Re: grails: database schema creation

On 1 Jul 2005, at 12:16, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
> On 01/07/05, Steven Devijver <steven.devijver@...> wrote:
>
>> I've used commons-sql a while ago to generate a database schema. This
>> may be a useful tool for Grails.
>>
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/sql/
>>
>> Does anyone know of similar tools?
>>

> In fact, commons-sql moved to db.apache.org recently.
> It even changed name: it's now called DdlUtils
> And the latest version should be now at:
>
> http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/
>
> Moreover, the author is a nice chap, we may interact with him for
> further needs or questions.

BTW I wrote the first commons-sql :)

The main reason was to be able to do DDL type stuff from POJOs
without all the other Torque stuff.

The commons-sql reused the velocity stuff from Torque (along with a
Java version). Using Groovy instead for the DDL generation would be a
much neater solution - e.g. building on top of the work done by Jez.