From: Bit Connor <bit <at> mutantlemon.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: lushtags, haskell ctags for Vim Tagbar plugin
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 20th September 2011 10:32:39 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I would like to announce the first release of my program lushtags.

Available on hackage: cabal install lushtags
At github: https://github.com/bitc/lushtags
Screenshot: https://github.com/bitc/lushtags/raw/master/doc/screenshot-tagbar-2011-09-19.png

What is lushtags? From the README:

lushtags
========

Create ctags compatible tags files for Haskell programs

Similar programs are [hasktags][1], [gasbag][2], [hothasktags][3], and
GHC's
builtin ctags generation.

lushtags differs from these by being designed to have smooth integration
with
the [Vim Tagbar][4] plugin.

Tagbar is nice because it deals with creating tags automatically. There is
no
need to manually run commands or keep track of tag files. Just open any
Haskell
file in Vim and the Tagbar window will instantly show an interactive
browsable
list of all the functions and declarations in the file. This window also
updates automatically as you edit the file.

The tags created by lushtags are marked with several extensions, so that
when
used with Tagbar you get these features:

- Type signatures are displayed for functions.
- Tags are properly scoped so that, for example, data declarations appear
as a
  tree with their constructors scoped as children.
- Definitions that are exported from the module are marked as "public" and
  appear emphasized in Tagbar.
- Tag locations are internally stored as patterns, not line numbers, so
that
  you can correctly jump to tags even if they have moved in the source code
  during editing.

![screenshot](https://github.com/bitc/lushtags/raw/master/doc/screenshot-tagbar-2011-09-19.png)

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hasktags
[2]: http://kingfisher.nfshost.com/sw/gasbag/