From: Kenneth Hoste <kenneth.hoste <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: GA-1.0, a library for working with genetic algorithms
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Thursday 29th September 2011 19:45:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello,

I'm proud to announce the v1.0 release of GA [1], my library for working
with genetic algorithms in Haskell.
Source repo is available on github. [2]

This is a major version bump compared to the previous v0.2 release, because
the library is pretty mature now in my view.

Major features:

* flexible user-friendly API for working with genetic algorithms
* Entity type class to let user define entity definition, scoring, etc.
* abstraction over monad, resulting in a powerful yet simple interface
* support for scoring entire population at once
* support for checkpointing each generation, and restoring from last
checkpoint
* convergence detection, as defined by user
* also available: random searching, user-defined progress output
* illustrative toy examples included

I'm happy to take any questions or suggestions that you might have.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/GA
[2] https://github.com/boegel/GA

CD: 3ms