From: Vincent Hanquez <tab <at> snarc.org>
Subject: ANN: hit a reimplementation of git storage in haskell.
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 4th October 2011 21:15:13 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi Haskellers,

I just want to announce the hit project [1], which is a reimplementation of
low
level git operations to read *AND* write to a git repository. It support
reading
from anything i threw at it (loose objects, packed objects, deltas), a
subset of
revisions specifier (man gitrevisions), and writing new objects (blob,
tree,
commit, tag).

I don't necessarily want to re-implement git itself (although patches
welcome if
someone want to go in this direction), and as such the project is a bit of
a toy
to investigate git storage (for another project of mine) and superseeding
my own
libgit project (for yet another project). Yet it should be completely
functional
and have good performance.

A few word of the implementation: it's very IO based at the moment; The way

things are done by git, doesn't necessarily cope with pure and nice stuff
if
performance need to follow. That said it should still be easier to
understand
than reading the git source :-)

Any comments welcome,

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hit/