Ertugrul Soeylemez | 17 Oct 14:17 2011
Picon

ANN: netwire 1.2.7

Hello fellows,

netwire 1.2.7 is out.  Summary of the changes from netwire 1.2.5 (my
last announcement):

  * Events:  Added 'periodically' event generator.

  * Manager:  Added the 'manager' wire, which is sort of a
    generalization of the various context wires and should be useful for
    highly dynamic applications like games.

  * FRP.NetWire now also exports mkGen, toGen and the WireState type.
    Furthermore I have added mkFix to ease writing stateless wires.
    Right now this just translates to mkGen, but might make use of a
    special Wire constructor in the future.

  * Added appFirst, appFrozen, appEvent and an ArrowApply instance based
    on appFrozen.  All these allow you to embed a wire network into the
    running network.  The embedded network is allowed to be a signal
    itself, which technically turns Wire into a monad.

  * Added testWire and testWireStr to ease writing wire test programs.

  * The FRP.NetWire.Concurrent module is gone for now.  I'm performing a
    lot of research regarding embedded concurrent wire sessions, but I
    have not reached a point where I can provide a stable implementation
    yet.

  * Lots of documentation improvements.

Please keep the feedback coming.

Greets,