From: S D Swierstra <doaitse <at> uu.nl>
Subject: Gentle reminder: Summer school on Applied Functional Programming at Utrecht University; deadline for registration May 20
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Thursday 10th May 2012 15:21:36 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Again we will teach an "Applied Functional Programming Summer in Haskell"
school this year at Utrecht University. In the previous two occasions
students were all very happy with the school and we plan to repeat this
success this year.

The intended audience are prospective master students who have been in
contact with Functional Programming, e.g. by taking a general course on
programming languages, and want to learn more about Haskell and its typical
programming patterns. In the previous two years we have taught an
introductory part (advanced bachelor level), an advanced part (beginning
master level) and a shared part for both groups. Topics covered are,
besides some examples of domain specific languages, also monads, monad
transformers, arrows, parser combinators and self-analysing programs,
underlying principles, type inferencing, etc. Half of the course time is
spent on a larger programming exercise; you can also come with a problem of
your own if you want, and get help from the Utrecht University Software
Technology group in finding the proper Haskell idioms, tools and libraries,
for solving it.

Important links:
  -- our own page where we supply information based on questions asked http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/bin/view/USCS2012/WebHome
  -- the poster you can print and hang somewhere (why not your office
door): http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/pub/USCS2012/WebHome/USCSpos12.pdf

  -- the official summerschool site where you can register: http://www.utrechtsummerschool.nl/index.php?type=courses&code=H9

Furthermore we ask for your cooperation to bring this announcement under
the attention of potential participants.

 Best,
 Doaitse Swierstra

PS: apologies if you get this mail more than once