Federico Abascal | 29 Sep 12:47 2012

Genbank query problem

Dear colleagues,

I have a script (mitobank.pl) that is used by some people. It is aimed to retrieve mitochondrial genomes for
a given taxonomic id. The problem arose when, some months ago, the NCBI reorganized the way genomes are
queried and the script no longer worked. I have tried modifying the query string with no success.

What the script asked for was like:

my $seq;
my $gb = new Bio::DB::GenBank;
my $query = Bio::DB::Query::GenBank->new
(-query   =>(txid314147[Organism:exp] AND mitochondrial[title] AND genome[ti] NOT plasmid[title]
NOT chromosome NOT chloroplast) OR (txid314147[Organism:exp] AND mitochondrion[title] AND
genome[ti] NOT plasmid[title] NOT chromosome NOT chloroplast),
 -db      => 'genome');

It used to return the list of genomes available for that taxonomic id. However, the NCBI now returns a
different kind of results.
I tried to modify the script and query the "nucleotide" database, but this does not work properly.

Any one could help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
Federico

Gmane