From: Leon Timmermans <l.m.timmermans <at> students.uu.nl>
Subject: Re: Bio::DB::Sam error: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Monday 8th October 2012 18:40:49 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Georg Otto <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem using Bio::DB::Sam
>

> Like other perl modules I installed Bio-SamTools-1.36 in my home
> directory, since I do not have administration rights to the server I am
> using. When I call
>
> use Bio::DB::Sam
>
> I get the following error:
>
> /usr/local/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
/home/gwo/perl/modules/lib/perl/5.10.1/auto/Clone/Clone.so: undefined
symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

> Both Bio::DB::Sam and Clone.pm were installed under the same version of
> perl (perl v5.10.1, Ubuntu 11.04)
>
> Any idea what is going on?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Georg

This is definitely a mixup of perls.I guess you have compiled
Bio-SamTools for your system's perl (which is threaded), but try to
run in on the perl in /usr/local (which is apparently unthreaded. That
doesn't work. The easiest fix may be to change «#!

Leon