Dave Howorth | 29 Oct 11:38 2012

Re: Bio::DB::Fasta changes

Florent Angly wrote:
> I suspect that this bug report you cited unveiled a corner case that was
> not covered by the tests. I'll assign the bug to myself and investigate.

It looks to me like the previous code and documentation don't match. The
CPAN docs, the git docs and the git code all appear to agree that there
is a single scalar result. But the CPAN code implements an array result.

>From the sound of it, people have been relying on an undocumented
feature. But there was a specific change in the code behaviour. As Chris
says, it seems like some discussion of the correct resolution would be
sensible.

Cheers, Dave

Gmane