From: Brian Osborne <bosborne11 <at> verizon.net>
Subject: Re: question about bioperl program
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 4th December 2012 22:12:59 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Yong Li,

You want to take a look at this HOWTO:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Feature-Annotation

Those genes you see in the file are features in the genome sequence.

Brian O.

On Dec 1, 2012, at 1:10 AM, [email protected] wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>

> I just begin to learn bioperl and am using a bioperl program to extract a
kind of bacterial genes sequences from genome genbank file. I download
NC_003450.gbk, ppt, ffn files. NC_003450 is a kind of bacterial genome
genbank file. My bioperl code as follows:

> use Bio::Seq;
>
>  use Bio::SeqIO;
>

>  $seqio_obj=Bio::SeqIO->new (-file=>'NC_003450.gbk',-format=>'genbank');
>
>  # $seq_obj=$seqio_obj->next_seq;
>

>  while($seq_obj=$seqio_obj->next_seq)
>
>  {
>
>    $display_name=$seq_obj->display_name;
>
>    $desc=$seq_obj->desc;
>
>    $seq=$seq_obj->seq;
>
>  $acc = $seq_obj->accession_number;
>
>  $seqio_obj = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => '>sequence.fasta', -format =>
'fasta' );

>  $seqio_obj->write_seq($seq_obj);
>
>  }
>

> After the program runned I just gain a genome complete sequence without a
file including every gene sequence one by one. I want to get the genes
sequences one by one in a fasta files.  So I write you for help.