From: Scott Cain <scott <at> scottcain.net>
Subject: Re: Converting blast+ output to gff (with gaps)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Wednesday 2nd January 2013 21:32:16 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi Brian,

I was going to suggest the same thing--though that script is fairly
old, it's not as old as the blast2gff script in the GBrowse
distribution (which probably should be retired).  I believe it
supports GFF3, though I don't have any sample data with which to test
it to be sure.  I also don't know if it supports BLAST+ input--I
haven't kept up with SearchIO (on which search2gff.pl depends); will
it accept it?

Scott

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Brian Osborne
wrote:
> Here's one:
>
> https://github.com/GMOD/GBrowse/blob/master/contrib/blast2gff.pl
>
> Another one:
>
> ~/git/bioperl-live>head scripts/utilities/bp_search2gff.pl
> #!perl
>
> # Author:      Jason Stajich
> #
> =head1 NAME
>
> bp_search2gff - Turn SearchIO parseable reports(s) into a GFF report
>

> Brian O.
>
> On Jan 2, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Jim Hu <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I assume this has already been done many times, but I can't seem to find
it on bioperl.org or via google.

>> I'm looking for a script that will take one of the blast+ outformats
that includes the positions of gaps and mismatches, and create gff with
appropriate subfeatures.