From: Jim Hu <jimhu <at> tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: Converting blast+ output to gff (with gaps)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Friday 4th January 2013 19:49:51 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Thanks for the replies, but...

I can't tell what input formats for the blast results file are supported.
Format 11 and format 6 give no output and no feedback. Putting some
diagnostic print statements in the code suggests that I'm not getting any
result objects from Bio::SearchIO.

The script uses Bio::SearchIO, but does not seem to call the submodules for
blast.  Documentation links on the wiki seem to be broken, at least on this
page:

	http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::SearchIO

Jim

wrote:
> [...]
find it on bioperl.org or via google.

that includes the positions of gaps and mismatches, and create gff with
appropriate subfeatures.

Jim Hu
Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics