From: Brian Osborne <bosborne11 <at> verizon.net>
Subject: Re: strange error in the beginners howto
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Friday 4th January 2013 19:26:52 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Matthew,

First, let's distinguish "warning" and "error". Errors stop execution of
the app or script, what you're seeing is a warning, your script actually
completes. Does the warning vanish if you remove "-w"?

Second, seems like this is a Perl version thing:

http://www.sysarchitects.com/bioperl

BIO

On Jan 4, 2013, at 1:55 PM, "Thornton, Matthew"
 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working through the first part of the BioPerl beginners howto and I
am getting an error and I was wondering if you could tell me what is wrong.

> I made the seqio.pl script:
>
> #!/bin/perl -w
>
> use Bio::Seq;
>
> $seq_obj = Bio::Seq->new(-seq => "aaaatgggggggggggccccgtt",

>                          -display_id => "#12345",
>                          -desc => "example 1",
>                          -alphabet => "dna" );
>
> print $seq_obj->seq();
>
> I execute the script and I get this error:
>
> [email protected]:~/bio$ perl seqio.pl
> Replacement list is longer than search list at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Bio/Range.pm line 251.
> [email protected]:~/bio$
>
> Is there something wrong with my installation?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Matthew E. Thornton
>

> Laboratory Technician III
> Broad Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine
> University of Southern California
> 1501 San Pablo St. ZNI
> Los Angeles, CA 90089-2821
> ph.:323-442-1688