Jason Stajich | 7 Jan 10:35 2013
Picon

Re: Converting blast+ output to gff (with gaps)

with bp_search2gff  I included a cmdline options so you decide what is the reference (seqid column) and what
is the target (9th column) since in some cases (BLASTX vs TBLASTN) you may want to be displaying one or the
other as the reference. this is the -t option.

You can also have the -m option when you run which will build the grouping match term for a parent and then the
sub-children will be HSPs that have that parent per Malcom's description of the parent child info.

Have you tried this with your output - it should work fine with regular vanilla text blast+ output or the
-outfmt 6 option (tell bp_search2gff the format is blasttable)  or you can use -outfmt 5 and tell it you are
using blastxml format.

Jason

On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Brian Osborne <bosborne11 <at> verizon.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> The scripts/utilities/bp_search2gff.pl script works fine with blastn (BLAST+), no surprise there,
and since it uses Bio::Tools::GFF it can produce GFF3.

> Brian O.
>

> On Jan 2, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Brian Osborne <bosborne11 <at> verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Scott and Chris,
>>
>> I'll test it and seeā€¦
>>
>> Brian O.
>>

>> On Jan 2, 2013, at 5:26 PM, "Fields, Christopher J" <cjfields <at> illinois.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> It should (I recall using it at one point).  If it doesn't we should fix it so it does.
>>>
>>> How does MAKER deal with this?  IIRC it uses (a modified) SearchIO-based method...
>>>
>>> chris

gaps and mismatches, and create gff with appropriate subfeatures.