From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: drawing genome comparison cross linking tracks?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Thursday 17th January 2013 13:37:04 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Gbrowse_syn, SynBrowse, and others can do this, but there isn't a
pre-packaged way of drawing this that I know of analogous to Biopython's.
It would be nice to have, though.

chris

On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Adam Witney  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to produces graphics as shown in this section (cross linking
between genome tracks) [scroll down a little to see the pictures]:

> http://www.biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc211
>
> but using perl. Can Bio::Graphics do this? I can only find Gbrowse_syn,
but this works within a web browser, I would like to generate these
diagrams from a stand alone script. If not does anyone know any perl
libraries that can be used to show genome comparisons?