Fields, Christopher J | 17 Jan 18:41 2013

Re: drawing genome comparison cross linking tracks?

Let us know if this can be of use to the community, I'm sure others would find it useful as well.

chris

On Jan 17, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Adam Witney <awitney <at> sgul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Chris. I hadn't seen SynBrowse before, looks good.
>
> But I would like to do this without all the database/webserver overhead, I have a perl script that can
interact with a gbrowse_syn database to generate images ie no webserver, I just need to separate out the
database stuff now.

> Thanks again
>
> Adam
>
> On 17/01/2013 13:37, Fields, Christopher J wrote:
>> Gbrowse_syn, SynBrowse, and others can do this, but there isn't a pre-packaged way of drawing this that I
know of analogous to Biopython's.  It would be nice to have, though.

>> chris
>>
>> On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Adam Witney <awitney <at> sgul.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to produces graphics as shown in this section (cross linking between genome tracks)
[scroll down a little to see the pictures]:

>>> http://www.biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc211
>>>
>>> but using perl. Can Bio::Graphics do this? I can only find Gbrowse_syn, but this works within a web
browser, I would like to generate these diagrams from a stand alone script. If not does anyone know any perl
libraries that can be used to show genome comparisons?