From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: drawing genome comparison cross linking tracks?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Thursday 17th January 2013 17:41:47 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Let us know if this can be of use to the community, I'm sure others would
find it useful as well.

chris

On Jan 17, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Adam Witney  wrote:

> Thanks Chris. I hadn't seen SynBrowse before, looks good.
>
> But I would like to do this without all the database/webserver overhead,
I have a perl script that can interact with a gbrowse_syn database to
generate images ie no webserver, I just need to separate out the database
stuff now.

> Thanks again
>
> Adam
>
> On 17/01/2013 13:37, Fields, Christopher J wrote:
>> Gbrowse_syn, SynBrowse, and others can do this, but there isn't a
pre-packaged way of drawing this that I know of analogous to Biopython's.
It would be nice to have, though.

>> chris
>>
>> On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Adam Witney  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to produces graphics as shown in this section (cross
linking between genome tracks) [scroll down a little to see the pictures]:

>>> http://www.biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc211
>>>
>>> but using perl. Can Bio::Graphics do this? I can only find Gbrowse_syn,
but this works within a web browser, I would like to generate these
diagrams from a stand alone script. If not does anyone know any perl
libraries that can be used to show genome comparisons?