From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Removing Bio::FeatureIO? was Re: removing packages from bioperl-live
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 5th February 2013 19:34:07 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Probably should retitle this to ask the question directly (make sure the
right radars are pinged).

My vote is yes, it should be removed.  There were a lot of implementation
issues with it that ended up becoming problematic.  I do believe it is
used, though, so I would like to get additional responses from the
community before removing it and pointing to the separate repository (where
there has been a lot of experimenting going on).

chris