From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carn=EB_Draug?= <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Removing Bio::FeatureIO? was Re: removing packages from bioperl-live
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 5th February 2013 20:10:01 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On 5 February 2013 19:34, Fields, Christopher J
wrote:
> Probably should retitle this to ask the question directly (make sure the
right radars are pinged).

> My vote is yes, it should be removed.  There were a lot of implementation
issues with it that ended up becoming problematic.  I do believe it is
used, though, so I would like to get additional responses from the
community before removing it and pointing to the separate repository (where
there has been a lot of experimenting going on).

Mentioning Bio::FeatureIO was just an example. I meant to ask it as
more general. If the code is already in a separate repository, should
it be removed from bioperl-live?

Carnë

CD: 4ms