From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Removing Bio::FeatureIO? was Re: removing packages from bioperl-live
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 5th February 2013 20:59:38 UTC (over 3 years ago)

wrote:
>> Probably should retitle this to ask the question directly (make sure the
right radars are pinged).

>> My vote is yes, it should be removed.  There were a lot of
implementation issues with it that ended up becoming problematic.  I do
believe it is used, though, so I would like to get additional responses
from the community before removing it and pointing to the separate
repository (where there has been a lot of experimenting going on).

> Mentioning Bio::FeatureIO was just an example. I meant to ask it as
> more general. If the code is already in a separate repository, should
> it be removed from bioperl-live?
>
> Carnë

Yes for Bio::FeatureIO, no for Bio::Root::Root and the others at the moment
(I want to get a release out by March 1, which I'm planning on announcing
later today, so the less disruptive it is the better).  Once we get a new
release out we should remove the rest.

chris

CD: 46ms