From: Florent Angly <florent.angly <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Removing Bio::FeatureIO? was Re: removing packages from bioperl-live
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Wednesday 6th February 2013 02:51:27 UTC (over 3 years ago)

wrote:
>>> Probably should retitle this to ask the question directly (make sure
the right radars are pinged).

>>> My vote is yes, it should be removed.  There were a lot of
implementation issues with it that ended up becoming problematic.  I do
believe it is used, though, so I would like to get additional responses
from the community before removing it and pointing to the separate
repository (where there has been a lot of experimenting going on).
>> Mentioning Bio::FeatureIO was just an example. I meant to ask it as
>> more general. If the code is already in a separate repository, should
>> it be removed from bioperl-live?
>>
>> Carnë
> Yes for Bio::FeatureIO, no for Bio::Root::Root and the others at the
moment (I want to get a release out by March 1, which I'm planning on
announcing later today, so the less disruptive it is the better).  Once we
get a new release out we should remove the rest.