Fields, Christopher J | 9 Feb 14:51 2013

Re: [Gmod-gbrowse] BioPerl future

Sheldon,

The branch is where the old (v1.x) code would reside.  Master branch would be v2.

Chris

Sent via phone

-------- Original message --------
From: Sheldon McKay <sheldon.mckay <at> gmail.com>
To: "Fields, Christopher J" <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Cc: BioPerl List <Bioperl-l <at> lists.open-bio.org>,gmod-gbrowse <at> lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Gmod-gbrowse] BioPerl future

Hi Chris,

This sounds like a good idea.  I think it will eventually allow bioperl to evolve into a leaner, meaner
package that would be more likely to be adopted by new or isolated bioinformaticians, who tend to be put off
by the size and complexity of bioperl as it now stands.

One question I have is whether the name of branch v1 might be perceived as a step backward.  How about v2?

Sheldon