From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carn=EB_Draug?= <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: BioPerl future
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Sunday 10th February 2013 18:40:33 UTC (over 3 years ago)

 wrote:

>> Thoughts?
>
> +1
>
> The other thing to maybe give some advance thought to is organization of
the new development. Maybe instead of one big repository, we can encourage
the more loosely coupled small pieces that everybody seems to realize we
need by having more, smaller repositories.

For those interested, I have just added instructions on the wiki on
how to split a subset of modules, tests, files, etc from the
bioperl-live repository into a new repository while keeping their old
history.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Using_Git/Advanced#Split_a_module_from_bioperl-live

Carnë

CD: 3ms