Carnë Draug | 10 Feb 19:40 2013
Picon

Re: BioPerl future

On 10 February 2013 17:00,  <bioperl-l-request <at> lists.open-bio.org> wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 20:36:07 -0800
> From: John SJ Anderson <genehack <at> genehack.org>
> Subject: Re: [Bioperl-l] BioPerl future
> To: "Fields, Christopher J" <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
> Cc: BioPerl List <Bioperl-l <at> lists.open-bio.org>
>
> On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:25 PM, "Fields, Christopher J" <cjfields <at> illinois.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thoughts?
>
> +1
>
> The other thing to maybe give some advance thought to is organization of the new development. Maybe
instead of one big repository, we can encourage the more loosely coupled small pieces that everybody
seems to realize we need by having more, smaller repositories.

For those interested, I have just added instructions on the wiki on
how to split a subset of modules, tests, files, etc from the
bioperl-live repository into a new repository while keeping their old
history.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Using_Git/Advanced#Split_a_module_from_bioperl-live

Carnë

Gmane