Fields, Christopher J | 13 Feb 19:05 2013

Re: Next BioPerl release

On Feb 13, 2013, at 11:23 AM, Carnë Draug <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 February 2013 21:53, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu> wrote:
>> I am scheduling the next BioPerl CPAN release tentatively for March 1.  Any help in triaging bug reports
would be greatly appreciated!

> Hi
>
> is this release of bioperl-live only or also includes bioperl-run?
>
> Carnë

We can work on a bioperl-run release.  It's too much to handle both in one go.  The problem I have faced with
bioperl-run in the past is similar to bioperl-live, that the tools used are a moving target and that makes
the wrappers easily out-of-date.  I would really like a more flexible generic way of defining these that
would allow for easier maintenance.

chris

Gmane