From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Next BioPerl release
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Wednesday 13th February 2013 18:05:53 UTC (over 3 years ago)

wrote:
>> I am scheduling the next BioPerl CPAN release tentatively for March 1.
Any help in triaging bug reports would be greatly appreciated!

> Hi
>
> is this release of bioperl-live only or also includes bioperl-run?
>
> Carnë

We can work on a bioperl-run release.  It's too much to handle both in one
go.  The problem I have faced with bioperl-run in the past is similar to
bioperl-live, that the tools used are a moving target and that makes the
wrappers easily out-of-date.  I would really like a more flexible generic
way of defining these that would allow for easier maintenance.

chris

CD: 2ms