From: Leon Timmermans <l.m.timmermans <at> students.uu.nl>
Subject: Re: Next BioPerl release
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Wednesday 13th February 2013 19:44:22 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Fields, Christopher J
 wrote:
> We can work on a bioperl-run release.  It's too much to handle both in
one go.  The problem I have faced with bioperl-run in the past is similar
to bioperl-live, that the tools used are a moving target and that makes the
wrappers easily out-of-date.  I would really like a more flexible generic
way of defining these that would allow for easier maintenance.

Also, bioperl-run needs to be cut into smaller distributions even more
than bioperl-live. Few people if anyone at all has all tools it tries
to wrap at hand, so its almost impossible to pass its testing suite.

We need dists that can realistically pass.

Leon

CD: 3ms