Leon Timmermans | 13 Feb 20:44 2013
Picon

Re: Next BioPerl release

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Fields, Christopher J
<cjfields <at> illinois.edu> wrote:
> We can work on a bioperl-run release.  It's too much to handle both in one go.  The problem I have faced with
bioperl-run in the past is similar to bioperl-live, that the tools used are a moving target and that makes
the wrappers easily out-of-date.  I would really like a more flexible generic way of defining these that
would allow for easier maintenance.

Also, bioperl-run needs to be cut into smaller distributions even more
than bioperl-live. Few people if anyone at all has all tools it tries
to wrap at hand, so its almost impossible to pass its testing suite.

We need dists that can realistically pass.

Leon

Gmane