From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Next BioPerl release
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Wednesday 13th February 2013 21:04:26 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Leon Timmermans
 wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Fields, Christopher J
>  wrote:
>> We can work on a bioperl-run release.  It's too much to handle both in
one go.  The problem I have faced with bioperl-run in the past is similar
to bioperl-live, that the tools used are a moving target and that makes the
wrappers easily out-of-date.  I would really like a more flexible generic
way of defining these that would allow for easier maintenance.

> Also, bioperl-run needs to be cut into smaller distributions even more
> than bioperl-live. Few people if anyone at all has all tools it tries
> to wrap at hand, so its almost impossible to pass its testing suite.
>
> We need dists that can realistically pass.
>
> Leon

Yup.  It's a mess.

chris

CD: 15ms