Peter Cock | 15 Feb 15:47 2013

Re: bioperl in Google Summer of Code 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp <at> drycafe.net> wrote:
> I presume the OBF does as an umbrella organization on behalf of all Bio*
> projects. If you fancy proposing a project idea or mentoring, now is not a
> bad time to think about that or looking for co-mentors.
>
> -hilmar

Yes, the plan is that as in the last few years, the OBF will apply to
GSoC and cover for BioPerl, BioJava, BioRuby, Biopython etc. At
this stage the Bio* projects would be wise to start coming up with
some good project ideas and experienced developers thinking about
being a mentor. For potential students, getting involved in the
community early is a good idea (e.g. bug reports, or better fixing
existing bugs)

See also: