From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carn=EB_Draug?= <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: bioperl in Google Summer of Code 2013
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Tuesday 19th February 2013 18:52:57 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On 15 February 2013 14:28, Hilmar Lapp  wrote:
> [...]
> If you fancy proposing a project idea or mentoring, now is not a bad time
to think about that or looking for co-mentors.

On 15 February 2013 14:59, Fields, Christopher J
wrote:
> At the moment I'm not sure if Rob is heading this up or if the baton will
be passed on to someone else.  I can't take charge of writing up a proposal
at the moment but I can certainly help edit.

I would like to participate this year as a student.

I do not have however, have any bioperl itch that would last a summer
to fix. The largest of them is to implement BLAST using NCBI's server.
They have made available a SOAP-based BLAST and doing this has been on
my todo for ages. Would you suggest any other project for bioperl?

Carnë

CD: 11ms