From: Fields, Christopher J <cjfields <at> illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: Error when running Build.PL
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Friday 1st March 2013 23:11:39 UTC (over 3 years ago)

wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I downloaded BioPerl 1.6.1 from this location: http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Getting_BioPerl
>>
>> When I ran Build.PL with all of the default settings chosen in the
interactive mode I got the following error message:
>> ….
>
>> I have no idea whether this is a problem or not or if I can proceed.
Also, I'm confused by the version number referenced in the last line.
1.006001 is our current version - I thought I was installing version 1.6.1.
Are these version numbers equivalent, i.e., are the zeros not meaningful?.

> Yeah, 1.6.1 equals 1.006001. See also
> http://www.dagolden.com/index.php/369/version-numbers-should-be-boring/.
> Do note that it is no longer the lastest release, latest is 1.6.901
> and a new release is expected on a short notice.
>
> Leon

Yup, hoping to work on it tonight and tomorrow.  Travis-CI indicates all
normal tests are passing, I'll run through a few remaining ones.  Some we
can't address directly; there are a number of warnings popping up I can't
do anything about (they originate from Graph).

chris

CD: 5ms