From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carn=EB_Draug?= <carandraug+dev <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: module for description of sequence variants (where to place code)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general
Date: Monday 4th March 2013 04:15:51 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On 4 March 2013 03:45, Fields, Christopher J  wrote:
> [...] at some point it might be worth thinking about whether we need to
> organize the various *Utils modules a bit better.  As most of these
export
> methods, they would be good targets for reorganization at some point
> (maybe into a general Bio::Utils namespace).

Do you mean placing all of them into a separate Util distribution? I
think it makes more sense to keep them close to what they deal with.

If it's just moving them all into Bio::Utils:: may be a good idea. At
the moment there's not much of a model for their naming. I found these
ones (am I missing anything that does not have Utils on the name?)

Bio/Coordinate/Utils.pm
Bio/SeqUtils.pm
Bio/Search/SearchUtils.pm
Bio/Search/BlastUtils.pm
Bio/Search/Tiling/MapTileUtils.pm

Also, only the last one seems to export anything.

Carnë

CD: 3ms