Scott Cain | 7 Mar 17:01 2013

Re: Failed ./Build test while installing Bioperl-1.6.901 (continued)

Hi Ah Jung,

The first problem you reported was because you didn't download the
whole tar file (the were a warning message that it was truncated, and
then messages that there were files missing); you just needed to
download it again.

For this message, you have this the first time cpan tries to install a module:

ERROR: Can't create '/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level'
Do not have write permissions on '/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level'

When running cpan, you need to either run it as root (ie, "sudo cpan")
or configure it to use a local directory where you do have write
permission.  The former is probably easier, whereas the latter is
probably better.